Annual India Solar Report Card: FY2020 (Apr-Mar)
- As of March 31, 2020, about 35 GW of solar capacity has been commissioned in India, while another 22 GW is under pipeline and 35 GW is under the bidding phase.
- As of March 31, 2020, about 4 GW of hybrid projects are under pipeline and 6.5 GW under the bidding phase.
- As of March 31, 2020, Rajasthan has a pipeline of more than 6.9 GW solar projects under planning while Gujarat and Maharashtra have a pipeline of more than 2 GW projects.
- In FY2020, about 5.9 GW of utility-scale solar capacity and another 1.7 GW of rooftop solar capacity was added in India.
- Rajasthan (1.7 GW), Karnataka (1.4 GW), and Tamil Nadu (1.3 GW) contributed about 77% of the total installed capacity in FY2020.
- For next year i.e. FY2021, about 6.6 GW of new utility-scale solar projects and 1.4 GW of rooftop/ onsite solar projects are expected to be commissioned.
Annual Market share
- Modules: Waaree, Risen, and Adani were the top three module suppliers in India in FY2020.
- Inverters: Huawei, Sineng, and TMEIC were the leading inverter suppliers in India in FY2020 for utility-scale solar projects while Sungrow, Growatt, and Solis were the top three suppliers for rooftop/ onsite solar market in India.
- Project Developers: NLC, SB Energy, and ReNew were the top three developers which have commissioned maximum utility-scale solar projects in India.
- Rooftop/ Onsite solar installers: Tata Power Solar, Cleantech Solar, Fourth Partner were the leading installers in India in FY2020.
- About 43 GW of new solar tenders were issued in India in FY2020. This includes project development tenders of 32 GW of solar projects and 8 GW of hybrid tenders.
- Auctions were completed for about 38 GW of solar tenders out of which about 26 GW of capacity is allotted.
Enter the E-mail ID to download the report