Annual India Solar Report Card: CY2022
- As of December 31, 2022, about 53.6 GW of utility-scale solar capacity has been commissioned in India, while another 44.6 GW is under pipeline (where auctions are completed).
- As of December 31, 2022, Rajasthan has added a maximum solar capacity of 15.1 GW followed by Karnataka (8.1 GW) and Gujarat (5.6 GW).
- In CY2022, about 11.4 GW of utility-scale solar capacity and another 1.9 GW of rooftop solar capacity were added in India.
- In CY2022, the top three states where maximum solar capacity was added were Rajasthan (5.9 GW), Gujarat (1.6 GW), and Maharashtra (0.9 GW).
- For next year i.e. CY2023, about 14 GW of new utility-scale solar projects and 2.8 GW of rooftop/ onsite solar projects are expected to be commissioned.
Annual Market shares- CY2022
- Modules: Jinko, Trina and Longi were the top three module suppliers in India in CY2022. Domestic players have also shown significant increase in sales from April 2022 onwards after the implication of 40% BCD. Waaree, Adani and Vikram Solar were leading domestic suppliers in CY2022.
- Inverters: Sungrow, Sineng and Huawei were the top three inverter suppliers in India in CY2022.
- Project Developers: NTPC, Adani, and Avaada were the top three project developers which have commissioned maximum utility-scale solar projects in India in CY2022.
- Open access: Avaada, ReNew Power and Cleantech Solar were the top three developers that commissioned maximum open access capacity in CY2022.
- Rooftop/Onsite model: Tata Power Solar, Amplus and Fourth Partner Energy were the leading players that have setup maximum projects under the rooftop/ onsite model in CY2022. Amplus has emerged as the leading player under the OPEX category in CY 2022.
- Utility-Scale EPC Contractors: Tata Power and L&T were the leading third-party EPC contractors for utility-scale solar projects in India in CY2022.
Enter the E-mail ID to download the report