Annual India Solar Report Card: CY2021 (Jan-Dec)
- As of December 31, 2021, about 42 GW of utility-scale solar capacity has been commissioned in India, while another 45.5 GW is under pipeline (where auctions are completed).
- As of December 31, 2021, Rajasthan has added a maximum solar capacity of 9.6 GW followed by Karnataka (7.7 GW) and Tamil Nadu (4.2 GW).
- In CY2021, about 7.7 GW of utility-scale solar capacity and another 2.7 GW of rooftop solar capacity were added in India.
- In CY2021, the top three states where maximum solar capacity was added were Rajasthan (4.4 GW), Gujarat (1.3 GW), and Uttar Pradesh (0.8 GW).
- For next year i.e. CY2022, about 14 GW of new utility-scale solar projects and 3.5 GW of rooftop/ onsite solar projects are expected to be commissioned.
Annual Market shares- CY2021
- Modules: Longi, Jinko and Trina were the top three module suppliers in India in CY2021.
- Inverters: Sineng, Sungrow, and FIMER were the leading central inverter suppliers in India in CY2021 while Huawei, Sungrow, and Solis were the leading string inverter suppliers in India.
- Project Developers: ReNew Power, Avaada, and Adani were the top three developers which have commissioned maximum utility-scale solar projects in India in CY2021.
- Corporate offsite PPA: Fourth Partner, Cleantech Solar and Hinduja Group were the top three developers that commissioned maximum capacity in CY2021 under the corporate offsite PPA model.
- Corporate onsite PPA: Fourth Partner, Amplus and Tata Power were the leading players that have setup maximum projects under the corporate onsite/ rooftop model in CY2021.
- Utility-Scale EPC Contractors: Mahindra Susten, Sterling & Wilson and Tata Power were the top three EPC contractors for utility-scale solar projects in India in CY2021.
- Rooftop EPC Contractors: Tata Power Solar, Orb Energy and Roofsol were the top three EPC contractors in rooftop/ onsite solar installations in India in CY2021.