Annual India Solar Report Card: FY2022
- As of March 31, 2022, about 46 GW of utility-scale solar capacity has been commissioned in India, while another 43.6 GW is under pipeline (where auctions are completed).
- As of March 31, 2022, Rajasthan has added a maximum solar capacity of 11.5 GW followed by Karnataka (7.7 GW) and Gujarat (4.7 GW).
- In FY2022, about 10.1 GW of utility-scale solar capacity and another 2.2 GW of rooftop solar capacity were added in India.
- In FY2022, the top three states where maximum solar capacity was added were Rajasthan (6 GW), Gujarat (1.9 GW), and Uttar Pradesh (0.5 GW).
- For next year i.e. FY2023, about 16.5 GW of new utility-scale solar projects and 3.5 GW of rooftop/ onsite solar projects are expected to be commissioned.
Annual Market shares- FY2022
- Modules: Longi, Jinko and Trina were the top three module suppliers in India in FY2022.
- Inverters: Sungrow, Sineng and Huawei were the top three module suppliers in India in FY2022.
- Project Developers: ReNew Power, Avaada, and Azure were the top three developers which have commissioned maximum utility-scale solar projects in India in FY2022.
- Open access: Avaada, ReNew Power and Fourth Partner Energy were the top three developers that commissioned maximum open access capacity in FY2022.
- Rooftop/Onsite model: Tata Power Solar, Fourth Partner Energy and Amplus were the leading players that have setup maximum projects under the rooftop/ onsite model in FY2022.
- Utility-Scale EPC Contractors: Tata Power, Sterling & Wilson and Mahindra Susten were the top three EPC contractors for utility-scale solar projects in India in FY2022.