Chhattisgarh, CREDA invites bid for 20 MW rooftop solar projects
- The Chhattisgarh State Renewable Energy Development Agency (CREDA) has issued a tender to empanel rooftop solar installers and the deadline for the submission of bids is July 1, 2020, while the date for the opening of the financial bid has been scheduled for July 8, 2020.
- As per aforementioned tender grid-connected rooftop solar projects ranging between 1 kW to 500 kW will be set up at various locations in the state with validity of contract for five years under the capital expenditure (CAPEX) model. This solar project development will be covered under the second phase of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy’s (MNRE) rooftop solar program.
- Interested bidders need to submit a sum of Rs. 200,000 as the earnest money deposit (EMD). Rs. 500,000 as performance security for this tender. All successful bidders also have to deposit service charge @ Rs. 2 /watt of the capacity allocated by CREDA.
- Interested bidders can quote a separate rate for each capacity ranging between categories of 1 kW to 10 kW, 10 kW to 100 kW, and 100 kW to 500 kW. The successful bidders can execute the projects for which the sites can be identified by the prosumers or on the sites allocated by CREDA.
- Consumers will be allowed to benefit from the net metering mechanism. The solar modules will be warranted for 25 years, while the rooftop solar systems would be warranted by the empanelled vendor for 5 years from the date of commissioning of the project.
- Apart from the supply and installation of the rooftop solar systems, the scope of work would also include operation and maintenance services for five years.
- The declared annual capacity utilization factor (CUF) should not be less than 15%. Also, the successful bidder should maintain generation so as to achieve the annual CUF of at least 15% for 25 years. Tender notice further adds that the bidder will be liable to compensate for any shortfall in the generation. This will, however, be relaxed in case of non-availability of grid or load.
- Central finance assistance (CFA) of up to 40% will be given for systems up to 3 kW, whereas, for projects above 3 kW capacity and up to 10 kW, a CFA of 40% would be applicable for the first 3 kW, and 20% for the rest.
- No CFA will be provided for capacity beyond 10 kW. A CFA of 20% will be given for group housing societies and residential welfare associations for the installation of a rooftop system up to 500 kW. However, it will be limited to 10 kW per house.
- Only indigenously manufactured solar PV panels (both cells and modules) should be used for the projects for availing the subsidies.
- To take part in the bidding process for category 1 (for 1 kW-10 kW), the prospective bidder should have satisfactorily completed a 1 kW project in each year during the last three financial years. Or, they should have completed two projects of 10 kW in the last three years or a cumulative capacity of 100 kW in the last three financial year (FYs).
- Similarly, for category 2 (between 10 kW to 100 kW), the bidder should have installed at least 10 kW capacity in each year during the last three financial years. Or, should have completed a project having a capacity of 50 kW in the last three years or installed at least 500 KW cumulative capacity.
- Whereas in category 3 (100 kW to 500 kW), the interested bidder should have completed at least 50 kW of projects in each of the last three FYs, one project of 100 kW, or a cumulative capacity of 1 MW.
- Regarding the financial criteria, for a project ranging between 1 kW to 10 kW, the minimum average annual turnover in the last three FYs should be Rs. 5 million Similarly, for projects ranging between 10 kW-100 KW, the annual turnover should be Rs. 7 million. Lastly, for the highest category of up to 500 kW, the minimum average annual turnover should be Rs. 10 million.
Click here for tender details